Effective: February 15, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. EDT
Welcome to Infields ("Infields," "we," "us" or "our"). Infields provides a fast, interactive and fun way for you to share media through our content-sharing platform.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an Infields account.
- Additional profile information that you choose to provide for your user profile (age, gender, etc.).
- User Content (e.g., photos, videos, and other materials) that you post to the Services.
- Communications between you and Infields. For example, we may send you support or admin-related emails.
- Usage Information such as how you interact with the Services or how you communicate with other Users.
- Content information such as if the recipient has viewed the content, saved the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Photos, videos, and other media uploaded from your device.
- Location information such as information about your precise location with your consent.
Finding your friends on Infields:
- You can locate other people with Infields accounts through a search of names and usernames on Infields. Just type a name to search and we will perform a search on our Services.
- We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services that assists us in improving the Services.
Information From Third Parties:
- We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our Services.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Infields.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third- party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including hashtags and location tags.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Provide, test, monitor, develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and Services.
- Communicate with you.
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services.
- We may store some information locally on your device so that you can open the app and view content faster.
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include making suggestions on users to follow or personalized ads.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Develop and test new products and features.
- Monitor and analyze trends and metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns.
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Infields without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information with other Infields users such as information about your name and username, follower and following lists, hashtags you follow, any additional information you have consented for us to share, content you post or send. Content you post or send will be shared with other users, but how widely your content is shared depends on your profile setting, the profile setting of the user you are sharing your content with, the privacy setting of the user’s content you are sharing with, and the privacy setting of the content you share. For example, posting a public photo clip on an open post from a user who has a public profile will result in public exposure to your photo. Posting a private photo clip would instead only share it with the poster and the users tagged to the past. Posting a follower clip to the same post would only share it with the poster, any tagged users and your followers who can see the post. You can choose to hide certain information such as your follower and following lists or hiding yourself from others follower/following lists by actively selecting said options under the account options of the ‘Settings menu’ located in ‘my profile’.
- Any public content from public hashtags and public profiles may be shared with all Infields users and the general public. Once your post receives a certain number of likes it may be shared with users via the popular tab. Also, closed posts from public profiles may be shared with all Infields users and the general public who follow you.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Infields is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Services and Affiliates' own services. But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos and videos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Services to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you have set and or will set during the process of posting the information or content to the Services.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services by accessing another user’s content (for example posting a public clip to another user’s post) becomes available to the public as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that the user has set or will set afterwards. In cases where applicable, the other user’s privacy settings and your privacy settings may combine to control the public availability of your content.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose to other users by tagging the user(s) to the content becomes available to the public and can be shared by the tagged user(s).
- Your privacy settings on the Services consists of your profile setting and the individual privacy settings of the User Content you post. To change your privacy setting, please change your profile setting. Your privacy setting refers to your profile setting within the app, Public or Private. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users or third parties using the Infields Services have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request If we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to (i) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity (ii) protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations (iii) and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Infields, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Infields, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Services secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Infields cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Infields or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Infields, at all times.
- Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Infields make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Account Updates.Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Account Deactivation. Deactivate your account at any time by logging in and deactivating your account from the My Profile - Settings Menu.
- Account Deletion. If for some reason you ever want to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Block Users. You can block users from contacting you and viewing your content by viewing the users profile and selecting Block and accessing the Block Users option from the My Profile - Settings Menu.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Understand and remember that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of techniques including screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It’s also possible, as with any digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage. Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Infields, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
- Infields does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately.
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US